The instant New York Times bestseller from the author of the Newbery Medal winner When You Reach Me: a story about spies, games, and friendship.
The first day Georges (the S is silent) moves into a new Brooklyn apartment, he sees a sign taped to a door in the basement: SPY CLUB MEETING—TODAY!
That’s how he meets his twelve-year-old neighbor Safer. He and Georges quickly become allies—and fellow spies. Their assignment? Tracking the mysterious Mr. X, who lives in the apartment upstairs. But as Safer’s requests become more and more demanding, Georges starts to wonder: how far is too far to go for your only friend?
“Will touch the hearts of kids and adults alike.” —NPR
Winner of the Guardian Prize for Children’s Fiction
Named a Best Book of the Year by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and more!
- New eBook Additions
- 2022 New York Times Bestsellers
- National Novel Writing Month
- Local History: Images of Ohio
- Feel Good Fiction
- Top Graphic Novels for Adults
- Taste the World
- Canadian Authors & Books
- For New Plant Parents
- Colleen Hoover Read-Alikes
- Podcast Inspired
- Cozy Reading Weather
- Adult New Readers
- See all
- 2022 Award Finalists
- Fears for Your Ears
- Celebrity Book Club Titles on Audio
- First in Series Audiobooks
- Are You There? It's Me, Audio Book.
- Urban on Audio
- A Great Narrator Makes a Good Book Better
- New Audiobook Additions
- Most Popular Nonfiction Audiobooks
- Perpetually Popular Diverse Reads
- Perfect for Day Trips
- 5-10 Hours Long
- Loooonnnnggg Audiobooks
- See all